Sunday, September 23, 2012

#Lowcarb Boredom - Meal Ideas - 9/21-23

Such a busy weekend, I don't know what I ate when, and we did eat out a couple of times, but here are some dishes I made:

I guy English roasts or chuck roasts from my favorite butcher shop - Steve's Meats in Harrison, MI, and these beef roasts are at least a couple of inches thick, with LOTS of great healthy fat! One of the meals I made, I sliced half of one of these roasts horizontally to make 3 "steaks" out of it, which I fried in lard, seasoned with sea salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Meanwhile I roasted some thin-sliced sweet potato in a single layer in coconut oil at 425, seasoned with just sea salt, in the oven. That was a great meal!

Another meal I made was for potluck at church this morning. I finely diced a big daikon radish and half of a Michigan Candy Onion (they're HUGE) and browned them in my big deep electric chicken fryer in lard. Then I added a pound of ground sausage and a pound of ground beef (both from Steve's of course!), and crumbled them as they cooked. I seasoned it with simply sea salt, chili powder, and garlic powder. Then I chopped 3 scallions (because I needed to use them up, why not?) and a great big meaty tomato, stirred that into the mix...then about a pound of frozen chopped spinach...then a half dozen beaten eggs and pressed it all down into the pan with the lid on. Once it was all cooked through and the eggs were cooked, I put about 2c of shredded colby-jack cheese on top and turned the heat down just until it was melted. This was very convenient for travel (wrapped in a massive beach towel), for keeping warm, and for serving at the potluck. AND I got a lot of rave reviews and requests for the recipe :).

Just a couple more meals I've prepared this weekend...hopefully will help with the boredom factor :).

No comments:

Post a Comment