Friday, October 30, 2009

A Quick Post About Today's Lunch

I won't do the math for this one because it's easily <$1.00 for the whole plate of food (plus what's left over in the kitchen that didn't fit on the plate).

These are crackers (grated swiss & ground sesame seeds, spread in a pan, melted in the oven, scored, cooled, & broken into crackers), each topped with a spinach leaf, a teaspoonful of tuna/mayo, & a little paprika and dried parsley on top because I was going to take a picture :). Usually I wouldn't bother with the fancy stuff.

My daughter has my camera, so this was taken on my cell phone. Poor quality, but you get the idea.

3 comments:

  1. I bet those would be good on parmesan crisps too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi-glad I found this blog. I can't wait to read your recipes! Could you tell me the measurements of cheese and sesame seeds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to, Betty Lynn...but I don't measure anything. I just mix it up until looks - or "feels" right to me, and go with it. I'd say probably 3-4 parts of cheese to one part seeds, maybe is how I make them? It's just basically the cheese crackers with some sesame seeds tossed in :).

    I'm glad you found my blog too, hope you find things in it that are helpful to you!

    ReplyDelete