Saturday, January 2, 2010

Saturday, Jan.2

Today started out with indulging my pasta craving from yesterday. As soon as I was out of the shower my sweet husband had Dreamfield's spaghetti waiting for me, just as I like it: tossed with a little butter and olive oil and a mix of italian cheeses. EXCELLENT late breakfast!

My later lunch was just a bowl of egg drop soup. (By the way, do you have any idea how simple it is to make????)

Supper was a last-minute, thrown-together deal. I heavily seasoned some b/s chicken breast strips with garlic and chili powder, plus a little sea salt, then cooked them in a frying pan with olive oil. When they were done I cut them into big (2-bite) chunks and tossed them with the pan juices to coat all sides. I also made a simple dip of 2 parts ranch dressing and one part sour cream (full-fat of course). Buttered cauliflower with cheese sprinkled on top was our vegetable.

I still have some jello and whipped cream in the fridge that I didn't get to today...just too much food to fit it all into a single day!

No comments:

Post a Comment