Monday, January 4, 2010

Church Potlucks & What I 8

Yesterday was our monthly potlock after church. For some reason everybody brings dishes with noodles, potatoes, rice, and/or gravy! Plus the desserts of course. So I always take a main dish type dish to pass that is low carb, so at least I can eat. What I did yesterday was fill my plate half-full with my chicken-and-vegetable dish, then take a couple of bites of the least-carby-looking things from the table. That seemed to work real well. I would have liked to take my whole meal for myself but that would be rude. I wish there were a better solution...

Being sick (again!) I didn't cook for supper, we ended up with a pizza and I had a couple of slices but didn't overeat like I usually would. Yesterday was a pretty carby day, but it sure could have been worse!

Today was a typical day. 2 eggs fried in bacon fat for breakfast (I rarely eat breakfast but Pete made them for me so I ate them), and Dreamfield's spaghetti tossed with butter and olive oil, a little ground beef, and some cheese sprinkled on top.

I'm feeling somewhat lighter today than I have for a while. I don't weigh myself because I'm not obsessing about losing weight but it's a nice feeling nonetheless :).

No comments:

Post a Comment