Monday, June 13, 2011

Cheap'n'Easy - and Quick! Peanut Butter Cup-cakes #Recipe #lowcarb

I wanted to whip up something quick for my husband's lunch last night so I got out my hand mixer, a mixing bowl, and started adding things to it. Readers of this blog know that I don't measure anything, but I used a 1/4c measuring cup and a couple of measuring spoons for everything so I'd be able to repeat the recipe if we liked it. And we LOVED it! "Frosted" with a little sweetened whipped peanut butter, these are really really good!

Whip together
2 large eggs
2 Tbsp soft butter

Stir in
1/3c peanut flour (it was a rounded 1/4c actually)
1/4c polyD
2 packets Truvia
2 Tbsp erythritol
2 Tbsp xylitol
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
dash salt
tiny splash vanilla

Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Divide evenly among 6 well-greased cupcake wells and bake at 350F on center rack until a toothpick comes out clean; tip out on rack to cool. "Frost" with smooth peanut butter whipped with a little sweetening agent of your choice. (I used a drop of liquid sucralose.) (Note: you can add a little peanut oil or softened butter if your peanut butter is too stiff to whip.)

These were so fast and easy, I started them at 10:30 and by 11:30 there were 2 packed in his lunch bag!

(It is difficult to figure out the cost for these, the Truvia is the most expensive ingredient at 16c/packet, but these are EASILY less than Little Debbies with all of their sugars and additives!)

No comments:

Post a Comment