Friday, January 29, 2010

Thursday 1/28 What I 8 Today, + Cheesy Spinach Noodles #lowcarb

Broiled pork chop with a cheesy spinach-noodle side dish; BBQ pork rinds; sliced cheese. My appetite remains pretty low compared to what it was before last week.

Spinach dish was excellent. Drained a package of shirataki noodles, then heated in bacon fat with 10 oz. previously-frozen spinach. When heated through, added 4 oz full-fat cream cheese, 2 Tbsp butter, and 4 oz. shredded Italian cheese blend. Reduced heat to low and covered until spinach was thoroughly melted. Enough flavor from bacon fat and cheeses, no salt or other seasonings required. I ate about 1/4 of the entire pan with my pork chop.

Semi-boneless sirloin chops were $1.29/lb on sale. Noodles were $1.99/pkg. Spinach was 59¢. Cheeses used totalled $1.40. Butter, minimal (paid $1.79/lb.). Pork Rinds were $3.00 for a 10.5 oz jug - I ate about 6-7 pieces. Bought the cheese slices in a 5# carton, my 3 slices were negligable in cost. Total for what I 8 today: about $4.00 including a couple of cups of coffee with half'n'half and sweet'n'low.

No comments:

Post a Comment