Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What I've Been Eating #lowcarb

Saturday was a carby day. We won't even go there :). Chinese restaurant, fried rice, eggroll, blahblahblah. Now is history and I'm looking forward, not back.

Sunday was one of my favorite stand-by meals: pork and cabbage. I fill my big baking dish nearly to the top with shredded cabbage, and add 3 parts water to 1 part vinegar to about ½" in the bottom, then 2 Tbsp (yeah that much!) sea salt over it, and toss. Lay the pork - in this case boneless steaks - across the top and season as normally. Sunday this meant chili powder, garlic and onion powders, sea salt, brown sugar sub, cinnamon, cumin, and thyme. Cover and roast at 325°F for an hour; uncover and continue for another 30 minutes (or less, depending on the thickness of the meat; you want to brown it but not dry it out). Then I had a dish of SF ice cream for a snack later.

Monday - yesterday - I had a tuna melt on thin-sliced sourdough bread for lunch. Supper was something my husband called "A deluxe bacon cheeseburger served on two slices of soup" :). I'd seen a cheeseburger soup recipe on TV and, like I usually do, I take the idea and run with it. I will make a separate entry with how I made mine.

One other note: I've been eating a couple of prunes every day. Yeah, carby and have sugar in them (natural or not, it's sugar) - but it is one of the necessary tools in my arsenal with my digestive tract damage. 25gN per ¼c, which is about 8 of them. I eat 3 each day. I won't mention them every day, they're just a necessary evil at times.

And now to write about Cheeseburger Soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment