Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What I've Been Eating...not much! #lowcarb

First, I've been sick. I went one day eating nothing at all (couldn't drink much either), and another day I didn't eat much. Then yesterday I ate some leftover steak and some leftover pork tenderloin. And some popcorn, heavily buttered as always, for an evening snack.

Today I had eggs fried in butter for breakfast, and ate an early supper at Taco Bell...love their chalupas, even though I don't know how many carbs are in them. Had one of those and a double decker taco. They were worth it - the last time I had them were probably about 6 months ago - hardly a habit, and good.

For tomorrow I have chicken thawing.

We're also cutting back on vegetables and concentrate more on fats (mostly) and protein. The reason for this is that my gut issues seem to be more hair-trigger, and I'm having a hard time controlling the bloat; we're not talking about just little bloat, but can't-wear-any-of-my-clothes-because-my-belly-is-so-massive, terribly painful bloat. (Yeah, I know, Taco Bell isn't the greatest for that problem; I'm paying the price tonight!) So we're cutting back to basics, for a few days, in addition to my enzymes, to get this under control again, then I will start adding foods back in. But cabbage won't be on the list for a while yet :).

No comments:

Post a Comment