Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Making #Lowcarb Flat #Breads (click title for #recipe)

I'm really sick with a nasty virus, and everything I do causes me to break out into a sweat and get all achy...but when you've gotta have 'em, you've gotta have 'em! However I just used up the last of my Wheat Protein Isolate 5000 and the last of my oat fiber. I'm down on almond flour too. So it's looking like I'll need to put in a netrition.com order soon - or else no more baking :(. Anyway, the ball of dough has been kneaded and is in the rising stage now. In the past I've always made about 16 six-inch flat breads but that is time-consuming and hard on my back. Today I think I will make 8 bigger ones, which should cut the rolling-out time in half if my math is correct :).

And now I am all stoked for a warm one, straight off the griddle, later tonight with melted butter, cinnamon, and a little splenda, then rolled up, with a good hot cup of (decaf) coffee! These are SO dreamy...

No comments:

Post a Comment