Thursday, April 29, 2010

What I 8 Today + #lowcarb Coneysagna & Motzels Recipes

I had some string cheese that wasn't stringy and I didn't care for too much, so today I cut several of them in half (across) and then into 6 "matchsticks" per half - for a total of 12 "matchsticks" per 1 ounce string cheese piece. I laid them out on parchment paper, sprinkled with a little garlic powder, and put them into the oven at 325 until they got quite brown but definitely not burnt - I had to watch carefully after a certain point. When they came out they were delightful little crispy sticks, kind of like skinny pretzels, perfect for dipping or eating plain. GREAT, cheap'n'easy too!

The for supper I had some leftover grilled brats, and also an eggplant that was starting to look a little pathetic. I thought of making lasagna with eggplant noodles but decided to shake it up. I used the thinly slice eggplant like noodles, the chopped up brats for the meat, chopped onions, and SF canned chili sauce (9gN for the whole can!) with a generous amount of plain yellow mustard mixed in for the, well, for the sauce.

I made it like lasagna in my 9x12 anchor baking dish, and put it in the oven at 350 covered with foil for about 40 minutes, then covered it with shredded sharp cheddar and uncovered for the last 15 minutes or so - until the cheese got all melty and started to brown.

I served it with cole slaw I made earlier in the day with shredded cabbage, mayo, heavy cream, sea salt, celery seed, paprika (yes, my cole slaw is always pink - but I really love a lot of paprika in it!), and my sweetener blend...

I don't think I've mentioned my sweetener blend yet...it's just a half-and-half blend of granulated Splenda, and Ideal.

So it was a great supper, and great Motzel snacks earlier in the day, all cheap, all easy!


No comments:

Post a Comment