Sunday, May 9, 2010

SF No-Bake Cookies #lowcarb #recipe

The other day I made these, based upon my memory of making the unhealthy ones way back before I started lowcarbing. I don't measure anything when I cook (or bake) so the amounts are just guesses.

First I melted in a pan:
1/4c SF peanut butter
1T butter

Then I added
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3c granulated Splenda
1/2c Ideal sweetener
1/2c unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4c cocoa powder
1/4c steel cut oats
1/4c oat bran
and stirred it well. Then I added enough almond meal to get it really really thick and stiff.

Then I scooped it out onto a baking sheet covered with parchment and put them into the fridge overnight. I got 42 cookie "balls" out of the recipe.

I didn't figure up the carbs, it's certainly not induction-friendly, and I wouldn't eat more than 2-3 a day, but they're so rich, I wouldn't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment