Sunday, May 9, 2010

What I 8 Today (Mother's Day) #lowcarb

Lovely foodie day!

Started out with some oopsie french toast with SF syrup, and 2 all-natural SF sausage links.

Dinner was wonderful! I fried onions in just a touch of oil in my dutch oven, then ground sausage with the onions just until browned. Then I added a bag of frozen stir-fry veggies, a can of drained mushrooms, a container of drained water chestnuts, and some leftover cooked shredded cabbage on top. I seasoned it all with some sesame oil and some soy sauce, covered it, and let it get all heated through, to really hot.

Meanwhile in a sauce pan I put some drained and rinsed shiritake noodles (angel hair) with some butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic/onion powders. Actually I seasoned the noodles quite heavily.

When the pork and vegetables were done I served them over the noodles. EXCELLENT!

For dessert I had a couple of the SF no-bake cookies I'd made on Friday, and for an evening snack I had a bowl of heavily buttered popcorn.

The eating parts of my day really rocked!

No comments:

Post a Comment