Monday, November 28, 2011

When The Cupboard is Bare: #Lowcarb Challenge Day #4

We're going to make it, I think :). I spent my $15 today (actually $17...found an extra couple of bucks...) on a few things that will get us through the next few days, until I can shop Friday morning. I picked up a half-gallon of half'n'half to use in various dishes (scrambled eggs, for example, for $3.58) and/or sauces; plus my husband likes it in his coffee. I got myself more decaf tea (99c), a small roasting chicken that was a buck off (4.5 lbs for about $3.25), some shredded italian cheese blend $3.19/12 oz), about a pound of fish ($3.29) for tonight's supper, some no-sugar-added Hunts tomato sauce (99c), dish detergent (99c for the grapefruit Ajax - the ONLY kind I use), and a tiny head of cabbage to go with my last package of pork chops in the freezer tomorrow evening.

Today for late breakfast/early lunch (I only eat 2 meals a day) I made a one-minute bread, split it in half, toasted it, and ate one half of it with butter, cream cheese, and SF raspberry jelly. They are big, 1/2 is plenty! Supper was fish which I baked, and I diced some sweet potatoes, tossed them with melted coconut oil and sea salt, and roasted them. My grandson and husband of course ate the lion's share, I had some too but mostly I ate fish.

And that's about it for the day, will be heading off to bed shortly, only 3 more days to go! In my freezer I have the pork chops for tomorrow, one last 1.65# steak for Wednesday, and I'll roast that chicken on Thursday. Friday morning, if I'm not working (I work as-needed) I will be at the grocery store! Meanwhile, leftovers, scrambled - or fried - eggs, still have some sausage, and plenty of frozen vegetables such as spinach, cauliflower, and green beans...we're gonna make it, I do believe! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment