Thursday, October 18, 2012

#Lowcarb Boredom - Meal Ideas - 10/17

Yesterday was a delicious day!

My grandson wanted pancakes for lunch, so I made some up. This is the first time that my pancakes actually looked and tasted like pancakes! In the past, I've always called them crumblecakes :). I'm going to write the recipe here, more for my own future use than anything else!

Whip up 2 eggs, 2Tbsp full fat sour cream, a dash of vanilla, 1/2tsp each of baking powder and baking soda until frothy and smooth. Add 2Tbsp coconut flour, mix until smooth. Add 1/4c fine almond flour, mix until smooth. Stir in 1/2tsp cinnamon and 1 drop sucralose (or sweetener of your choosing, equals 2tsp); mix well. I fry mine on an elderly cast aluminum electric griddle with coconut oil.

For supper last night I wished I liked peppers - would have made the dish so much prettier! I chopped and fried a couple of onions in olive oil until browning, then added 3 yellow squash and 2 zucchini squash, sliced on a diagonal so they were about 3" long, 1/2" thick, and an inch or so wide, so they wouldn't overcook. Then I did the same thing with a 2# package of smoked sausage, and once the squash was getting soft, I tossed the sausage in as well. Then I tossed in about 2Tbsp of balsamic vinegar, put the cover back on (I made this in the huge Farberware electric chicken fryer that belonged to my Gram, it's probably at least a couple of decades old!) and let it all cook together about 200 for another 15 minutes or so, tossing it around a couple of times during that time.

See why I wished I liked peppers? Wouldn't they have been a beautiful addition to this dish? Anyway, it made a huge amount, so far 4 massive servings and probably 3-4 servings left - YUM!

I had some popcorn with a half-stick of butter as a snack.

Today I had leftovers (the pork/onions/brussels sprouts from night before last) for lunch, sprinkling a little balsamic vinegar over it before I heated it up. It was almost better today than it was on Tuesday!

Not sure what I'll be making for supper tonight. Maybe that delicious puffy egg dish I made the other day, maybe with some bacon and other stuff added...? Will have to let you know tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment